Fort Wayne, Indiana (WPTA) – The City of Fort Wayne Public Works Department and community leaders cut the ribbon at the roundabout on the recently reorganized West Ludwig Road near Coldwater Road.
City officials have announced a Ludwig Road relocation and Coldwater Road interchange project in early 2021 to help the area’s high traffic areas near Northrop High School. Construction will officially begin in 2022, adding Coldwater’s Oakbrook Parkway, which connects to Ludwig Road, where the roundabout was created.
The department also built a new traffic light at the intersection of Oak Brook Parkway and Coldwater Road and officially put it into operation on Wednesday.
The $4.9 million project also included $2.2 million from the Indiana Department of Transportation, invested in Coldwater Road and northbound ramp improvements on I-69.
At a tape-cutting ceremony Wednesday morning, leaders set a record $38.5 million in neighborhood infrastructure improvements across communities this year.
Officials highlighted the following neighborhood infrastructure investments:
- Comprehensive repair of roads in 7 regions
- 2 Main Concrete Road Rehabilitation Project
- 2 new street improvement projects
- 6 Transportation project
- 6 new sidewalk construction projects
- 6 Brick Alley
- Replace 20 concrete alleys
- 3 major trail projects
- 5 bridge projects
- 22 projects in the survey, design and land acquisition stages
- Approximately 40 centerline miles of asphalt resurfacing
- Approximately 8 miles of tip and seal replacement
- Asphalt overlay for about 3 miles of chip and seal road
Copyright 2022 WPTA. all rights reserved.