The Stafford County Board of Supervisors will use coronavirus funds to help tell the story of Airfield 5, now believed to be the first case of unmanned flight.
The Langley Foundation sought U.S. Rescue Programs Act funding to create a new exhibit at Stafford Regional Airport, a replica of Airfield No. 5, which was flown by Samuel Pierpont Langley in Stafford County on May 6, 1896. .
Foundation president Chris Hornung hopes to raise $300,000 to build the exhibit. I will.
All news. less ads. No paywall.
- Get 100% access to local Potomac news in every community we cover.
- New! Save money by choosing a plan that offers community news.
- 20% discount on select plans!
- Click here to become a member.
- Already a member? Please click here to sign in.
- Thank you for using Community Local News.